The Axe Files
• Two Term Mayor of South Bend, Indiana • Navy Veteran • First Gay President? • Age: 37 • Main Issues: Climate and Economy, Raise Minimum Wage, Medicare for All • His “Thing”: Loves Bernie Sanders , Last name pronounced buddah-gidge
The Breakfast Club
• Senator of California • Former DA of San Francisco, Former AG of California • First Indian and Jamaican Woman President? • Age: 54 • Main Issues: Medicare for All, Justice • Her “Thing”: Current Democratic ‘IT’ Candidate and roast master general during senate hearings especially against Kavanaugh. Was too hard on low level criminals during her prosecutor days though.
The Axe Files
• 2 Term New York Senator • Advocacy for women and victims of sexual assault especially within the Military. • First Woman President? • Age: 52 • Main Issues: Women’s Rights • Her “Thing”: Was once conservative and now a progressive. Vocal leader and supporter of the #MeToo movement. Wants to get more women in politics.
• Two Term Mayor of San Antonio, Texas, • Former HUD under Obama Administration • First Latino President? • Age: 44 • Main Issues: Universal Pre Kindergarten, Medicare for All, Immigration Reform • His “Thing”: Keynote speaker of 2012 DNC (Obama was DNC keynote in 2004)
• Two Term Hawaii Congresswoman • Iraq War Veteran • First Hindu & Samoan Woman President? • Age: 37 • Main Issues: War & Peace • Her “Thing” Bernie Sis with a little “met with Syria President Assad and was anti-lgbtq” so not your mother’s leftist!
• Two Term Massachusetts Senator • Oversaw 2008 Financial Bailout and Created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Basically a program to make sure 2008 doesn’t happen again) • First Woman President? • Age: 69 • Main Issue: Income Inequality, Medicare for All • Her “Thing”: Anti wall-street and big corporations. “Nevertheless, she persisted” “Pocahontas”
Interesting People in Interesting Times
• No Political Career • Lawyer and Silicon Valley Tech VC • First Asian President? • Main Issue: Universal Basic Income • Age: 44 • His “Thing”: Aware of tech and automation issues and wants to slowly transition workers through a technological change.
Speakeasy with John Harwood
• Three Term Former Maryland Congressman • Multimillionaire banking guy, co-founded two companies that IPO’d on NYSE • First Centrist President? • Age: 55 • Main Issues: Bipartisanship is his love language, Universal Healthcare • His “Thing”: First to announce presidential run…in 2017